Eco Lodge in the heart of The Otways
“The clearest way into the universe is through a forest wilderness.” – John Muir
Qii House Otway Eco Lodge epitomizes every aspect of the Feng Shui way; from its superb forest wilderness aspect, perched high overlooking the Great Otway National Park, embracing abundance in nature; a mecca of waterfalls within a 10 kilometre radius. Some untapped.
To put it very simply, Feng Shui aims to align earth and life with the universe in order to receive good energy and wellness. “I need to plunge deep into the universe to truly understand it. “ Heather reverberates.
The Feng Shui method of organization covers all aspects of living and working spaces, from interiors, bedrooms, bathrooms and kitchens, to gardens and outdoor living spaces. In a rational world they are common sense principles most architects would adhere to in a general sense, particularly the aspects of Feng Shui that relate to cross ventilation, light and generosity of space. The basic principles of Feng Shui are to design spaces that permit the clear, unobstructed flow of energy that is also warm and harmonious. High ceilings and generous spaces that are well lit with good air flow and lighting are great foundations for a Feng Shui home.
“Sunset is still my favorite colour, and rainbow is second.” – Mattie Stepanek
Bold, bright and beautiful, Qii House Eco Retreat is an out-of-the-box stay that doesn’t sacrifice substance for style. Head-turning interiors, quirky architecture and fantastic gardens are the hallmarks of this Lorne property. The house was designed by Edgard Pirrotta, and is historically and architecturally significant with the National Trust.
Qii House living is open and embraces the outside world in a most beguiling way. Every room has high cathedral ceilings, mindfully placed round “fishbowl” windows that are convex so as to draw in the breath taking views of towering treetops, tree ferns, sweeping gullies and distant sunlit horizons. Double glaze glass windows and sliding doors open every aspect of the house to extend to the many alfresco living areas in the Zen gardens while at the same time flooding the internal space with a golden aura of natural light. In this way allowing the peace and tranquility and the sweet scents of the nature flow through you and into the house.
Otway Eco Lodge Rooms & Guests
Qii House comfortably sleeps 8 people… a timber polished Tasmanian oak winding staircase lit by a large bright yellow “flowerpot” light leads to 3 of the bedrooms. The master King bedroom is located within a red walled mezzanine out looking the serenity of the gardens…rock pools and distant clouded horizons and lakes. The “fishbowl” windows frame the treetops and bush landscape like a “McCubbin” painting. It is well equipped with creature comforts and has a funky red wool egg chair, Picasso cushions, twin yellow reading lamps, a “grasshopper” standard lamp, a driftwood framed mirror, tea and coffee facilities and bespoke robes. Even a heat pack if you so desire.
The second King bedroom is downstairs. It has views through double glass sliding doors and opens up onto a bluestone patio complete with a ceramic clay fire-pit. This is a perfect space for romance, to sit to sip champagne and to toast marshmallows within the peace of a Zen garden under a giant “waterfall lit” tree. Harvest the good energy flow and nourish the soul in the splendour of native bush life, fauna and flora. Or simply relax and draw breath under the stars!
The third and fourth bedrooms each house 2 single yellow “popsicle” beds. Perfect for kids or for the young at heart. They are complete with bright funky reading lamps, bed linen and built in robes. Each room has a “fishbowl” window that draw in stunning forest views. The newly timber polished floors and New Zealand merino wool and silk rugs add warmth and comfort.
It is simple luxury to drift into sleep taking in breathtaking views, the gentle aromas of cedar and music of the bush. Each bedroom comes complete with a qii spa bathroom hamper and a complementary soy wax candle.
Facilities & Includes at our Otway Eco Lodge
The Qii House experience is unique, novel and offers exclusivity, privacy and silence. It is a perfect space for simple pleasures and for getting back to basics. It has many areas to relax and to socialise with family and friends… Living Room, Bar Area, Outdoor Dining Area, Sunset Deck, Day Beds for simple relaxation, to indulge all senses and to become one with nature.
You will feel at home with all of the quirky modern facilities you should need to make your stay relaxing and comfortable. Your stay at Qii house will be special and includes complimentary wine on arrival, a luxury breakfast hamper consisting of seasonal locally sourced produce, plus coffee and tea facilities, and a gift wrapped bathroom hamper.
Please read below for a full list of facilities:
- Fully equipped kitchen complete with “red smeg” fridge
- Outdoor pizza oven
- 2 newly renovated bathrooms
- 2 toilets
- Well appointed new Bar area complete with red husky bar fridge; with some bar fridge items available on request (extra cost)
- Yellow Coonara log fire (fire wood supplied)
- 2 bright yellow split system heaters…
- Board games, jigsaw puzzles and books, salt lamp and aroma therapy candles for use
- Some gym items for use (weights, yoga mats, skipping ropes, medicine ball)
- The Outdoor Bath House is a nature inspired indulgent sit pot big enough for two. Why not engage all your senses with your favorite aromatic oil and a bottle of champagne.
- 2 decks:
– 1 large open elevated architecturally sculpted viewing/meditation deck in the shape of an oriental fan; a perfect space for an evening soiree whilst star gazing through the Qii house bright red telescopic lens; the deck attaches to a gazebo with table, seating and a pizza oven. This deck has elaborate underfloor lighting; perfect for that romantic evening or special celebration under the stars.
– And the second deck opens from the bar and is under cover with a table and has seating for eight and a yellow weber BBQ.
- Another garden gazebo houses 2 daybeds and is; a perfect spot for a sensual massage, for sun basking or for sipping cocktails whilst watching the sunset over distant horizons
- Qii house offers ample bespoke wooden garden tables and seating for alfresco entertainment (40 people) set in Japanese Zen Meditation gardens and the national park
- A large bamboo alfresco garden umbrella feature which backdrops the bar and a pink weeping cherry blossom tree; a perfect space for a morning coffee with a book or even for a garden wedding party.
- A wooden garden swing seat
- Large elevated “waterfall flood lit” tree in front of a bespoke stone waterfall fountain and a
- A ceramic log fire pit
Forest Therapy Insights
Cultural exchange and being on country. I had a recent cultural exchange with Richard Collopy (gadubanud indigenous person from the Otways). It was amazing! For the Gadubanud indigenous people, Nyernilia means something like a deep respectful listening in quiet...
Qii House Top 10 Finalist: 7th Place & Such a Proud Moment “WHEN YOUR HOLIDAY HOME FEELS LIKE A MOVIE” “…you better not be pretending your holiday home is in a WES ANDERSON movie again…” Hi Heather, Hope you’ve been well since we last chatted. I’ve got some really...
“QII HOUSE HOLISTIC WELLNESS RETREAT OF THE YEAR 2023” - AUSTRALIA We at Qii House are incredibly grateful and proud to be included amongst the Prestige Award Winners 2023. Totally unexpected and I was AMAZED! I was driving through the Otway’s bush into Lorne where I...
Feel the Vibe and Come Alive!
Qii house is an out of box experience. Savor the moment in fresh mountain air, in the ancient otways eco-system, where focus is shifted to the art of living in harmony with nature’s rhythm.